Can I make Find My app show a fake location?

Hello! Would you please recommend a free location changer (PC based I prefer)? I would like that Find My app is showing fake location of the device. I've found some apps but all they require purchase although declared as free.

Thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 5:49 AM

20 replies

Jul 18, 2023 9:09 AM in response to IvanBratanov

IvanBratanov wrote:

Perhaps the children aren’t the only users of an iPhone, right?! Why don’t you think for a moment that there could be other options than a child trying to escape his mother tracking attempts?!

That’s why I said perhaps a parent or an SO. If you are not familiar with standard English abbreviations “SO” is “Significant Other”, such as a spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, business associate, etc.

Jul 18, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Branta_uk

If you jailbreak your phone you might be able to get deep enough into iOS to intercept the reported location and change it. The problem with doing that is it opens up the phone to spyware, trojans, and other malware. And any app that you installed most probably not only falsifies your location, but also knows your actual location, and more than likely sends it to criminal organizations, sketchy businesses or, in some countries, law enforcement.

Jul 18, 2023 6:09 AM in response to IvanBratanov

Have you have tried to troubleshoot the problem of the Find My App showing the wrong location, if so, what have you done?

• Location Services on?
  • Does Maps app show same incorrect location?
  • Is the date, time, and time zone set correctly? This may affect GPS data.
  • Have you tried resetting Location & Privacy settings at Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy
  • Have you tried the Reset Network Settings
  • Does it only show wrong when you are at a particular location?

Jul 18, 2023 6:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for the answer but I’m aware of the pros and cons of such software moreover I’ll use it for a short time. Of cource emergencies could occur at any time but how could it be sure that the battery for example wouldn’t fail in such cases?! So the Find My will work but a loss of energy would make it fail anyway!

So I would be grateful if someone shares some expirience here….

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2023 6:56 AM in response to Katana-San

Thanks for the advice but this method solves the problem partially - it stops sharing my location but also notifies others that I've stopped the sharing. Others should see me at one place while I'm at other. They should know that I'm where they see me while I am somewhere else. Apple does not have such option that's why locator changers were developed.

Jul 18, 2023 7:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

I am not aware of any legitimate app that can falsify your location. And how would an app on a PC falsify the location of your iPhone?

You make a very good point, nothing done on a different device or computer can influence the GPS fix determined by the iPhone and reported back by the Find My app. What the OP is asking is science fiction, or at least requires military grade GPS jamming and spoofing.

Can I make Find My app show a fake location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.