how to change my apple id? (It's an old email address)

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 9:40 AM

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 9:40 AM in response to JosephD3300

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.