Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

face id disabled

i dropped my phone in water and now my face id is disabled, what do i do?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 9:43 AM

You iPhone is most likely damaged. At this point, stop using it and make sure to power it off to prevent any further damage.

You have the option to have an Apple Technician examine this phone to see if there is any possibility to repair it, but be prepared to have to get a replacement phone. Also, Apple does not cover liquid damage in their hardware warranty, and only offers a reduced price for a replacement phone if you have an active AppleCare+ plan associated with this phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 9:43 AM in response to alex_0099

You iPhone is most likely damaged. At this point, stop using it and make sure to power it off to prevent any further damage.

You have the option to have an Apple Technician examine this phone to see if there is any possibility to repair it, but be prepared to have to get a replacement phone. Also, Apple does not cover liquid damage in their hardware warranty, and only offers a reduced price for a replacement phone if you have an active AppleCare+ plan associated with this phone.

Jul 18, 2023 9:44 AM in response to alex_0099

It sounds like you have liquid damage. You'll need to schedule an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Store, or call Apple Phone support to setup a repair.

Liquid damage is not covered by Apple's One year warranty or AppleCare, however you can pay an incident fee if you have AppleCare... it's not much depending on your iPhone model.

I would suggest you make sure you have a recent backup. How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

Please see this:

iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

face id disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.