Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

I cant delete my apps

Why cant i delete the apps on my phone

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 9:14 AM

Refer to this support article to learn how to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. --> Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to delete an app

1. Touch and hold the app.

2. Tap Remove App.

3. Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.

Keep in mind that some built-in Apple apps can't be deleted from your device, so you might not see the option to delete an app. See this support article for a list of built-in Apple apps you can delete from your device: Delete built-in Apple apps from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support If you can't delete an app that's not made by Apple, disable parental controls as outlined in this article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support then try deleting the app again.

If you touch and hold an app from the Home Screen and the apps start to jiggle: 

1. Tap the Remove icon in the upper-left corner of the app.

2. Tap Delete A

If an app or feature on your device is not working, not appearing, or is restricted (grayed out), it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution.

- Read this document about using Screen Time on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > scroll to Allow Changes.

- If the device is managed (Settings > General > VPN & Device Management), contact the IT department that is doing the managing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 9:14 AM in response to wilmay23

Refer to this support article to learn how to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. --> Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to delete an app

1. Touch and hold the app.

2. Tap Remove App.

3. Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.

Keep in mind that some built-in Apple apps can't be deleted from your device, so you might not see the option to delete an app. See this support article for a list of built-in Apple apps you can delete from your device: Delete built-in Apple apps from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support If you can't delete an app that's not made by Apple, disable parental controls as outlined in this article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support then try deleting the app again.

If you touch and hold an app from the Home Screen and the apps start to jiggle: 

1. Tap the Remove icon in the upper-left corner of the app.

2. Tap Delete A

If an app or feature on your device is not working, not appearing, or is restricted (grayed out), it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution.

- Read this document about using Screen Time on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > scroll to Allow Changes.

- If the device is managed (Settings > General > VPN & Device Management), contact the IT department that is doing the managing.

I cant delete my apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.