Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Apple Music explicit content on child’s restricted account

My 8 year old has restricted access on Apple Music under Family Sharing and Screen Limit and content restriction settings.

Extremely explicit context (Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle) is still being suggested to him and he is being allowed to play that content.

I have checked the settings on both my account and his iPad and they are the same (see attached photo).

Despite explaining why it’s not suitable for children, he keeps playing it and I’ve had to turn off his access to Apple Music. Is this an Apple Music issue (I’ve read it previous complaints about the same thing) or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

iPad Air 2

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 1:47 PM

Hello Steve!!!

I would advise to contact Apple Phone support about this issue since this would probably need logs sent to engineers. You can try toggling off things and toggle them back on, such as screen time settings for this. Sometimes this can fix issues but I would advise reaching out to phone support. Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Good Luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 1:47 PM in response to 5teve_P

Hello Steve!!!

I would advise to contact Apple Phone support about this issue since this would probably need logs sent to engineers. You can try toggling off things and toggle them back on, such as screen time settings for this. Sometimes this can fix issues but I would advise reaching out to phone support. Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Good Luck.

Apple Music explicit content on child’s restricted account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.