GarageBand on iPhone 11 Pro Max does not recognize the original apogee jam (not 96K) and focusrite itrack solo as audio devices?

Basically what the title said, for some reason, my GarageBand 2.3.14 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max (currently iOS 16.5.1c) detects the original apogee jam (not the 96K or +) as the device LED lit up, but GarageBand never recognized it as an audio device, so no matter what, the app only uses the built-in microphone. Same thing happened when using my focusrite itrack solo. Both have 30 pin to lightning adapter cables, so it is a device to iphone direct input (Also tested on my older iPhone 6S+ which has iOS 15, GarageBand 2.3.12, works perfectly fine.)

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 4:57 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jul 19, 2023 12:13 PM in response to AmayikaOim

Hey AmayikaOim,

We'd recommend first checking with the manufacturer for those peripherals to ensure they support both your current version of GarageBand and the current version of iOS. If they don't support those version but do support earlier versions, that is likely the root of the issue.

After confirming they are supported, we'd then advise reaching out to Apple Support for additional assistance.

See contact options here:

Take care.

GarageBand on iPhone 11 Pro Max does not recognize the original apogee jam (not 96K) and focusrite itrack solo as audio devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.