Vibration on the phone while the call is answered at the other end

I don't think there is an option that allows this feature but this is just such a basic feature that should have been added.

When you are calling someone and when the call is answered, a small vibration to denote that the call is connected. Such a small thing yet very powerful. You don't have to keep looking at the screen to see if is connected.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 6:27 AM

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

4 replies

Jul 19, 2023 7:30 AM in response to ramakrishne

ramakrishne wrote:

I don't think there is an option that allows this feature but this is just such a basic feature that should have been added.

It's actually not a "basic feature" in the U.S. In fact, it's pretty much unheard of. I suspect it might also require carrier involvement. But, you should submit feedback anyway.

I'm just curious why this feature would be required. Can't you tell when the call has connected when the person on the other end says "hello?". I'm not being snarky. I just can't imagine a situation in which this feature would be helpful to me so I'd be interested in hearing how it's useful.

Jul 19, 2023 8:21 AM in response to ramakrishne

ramakrishne wrote:

When you are calling someone and when the call is answered, a small vibration to denote that the call is connected. Such a small thing yet very powerful. You don't have to keep looking at the screen to see if is connected.

Are all calls not answered within a few rings either in person or by an answering service? What would a vibration add? Maybe you are talking about being placed on hold and having a vibration when someone at the other end of the call responds to the on-hold call.

Jul 19, 2023 8:44 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

My understanding is that it is a not uncommon feature in parts of the world in which I do not live. I suspect it was a carrier feature that was instituted when cellular connections were less reliable than they are now. And I guess, if you set the phone down while it was ringing it might tell you when to pick up but as to why you would do that for the less than 45 seconds it takes for the call to connect or not, I don't know. If I put the phone down, I put it on speaker.

Vibration on the phone while the call is answered at the other end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.