How to remove iOS 17 beta from my iPhone?

How canI remove the ios17 from my phone ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 10:14 PM

When I tried to follow this, I found that I do not have a iOS 17 Profile in VPN and device management. How can I remove it if it’s not there?

33 replies

Oct 16, 2023 1:39 PM in response to Meg3729–

I also found that I do not have an iOS 17 Profile in VPN and Device Management but my iTunes on my Mac can no longer see my phone either. There is no indication in iTunes that my phone is connected. However, the Mac recognizes the phone because communication between the phone and IPhotos is just fine. Also, when the phone is connected to the Mac's USB port iTunes turns on automatically as it should. It just can't see the phone. Currently have an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 17.0.3. The iMac is running El Capitan (10.11.6) and can not be updated further.

Jul 19, 2023 7:13 PM in response to kaylaa147

1. Remove beta in Settings. Navigate to Settings >> General >> VPN & Device Management. Tap into the iOS 17 Beta Software Profile and click "Remove Profile".
  2. Remove iOS 17 beta with iTunes. Connect your device to the computer and launch iTunes. Select your device icon in iTunes to open the device summary page. Click on the "Summary" tab and locate the "Restore iPhone". Confirm your selection by clicking "Restore" and agree to the prompts. iTunes will download and install the latest stable iOS official version on your device.

[Edited by Moderator]

Dec 20, 2023 4:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Replying to IdrisSeabright: Thank you for your thoughts. My iMac and my iPhone worked just fine when the phone was at iOS 16. As you know, Apple encourages that all iPhone users update their phones to the most current iOS. I feel that one should not be required to buy a new computer that is not otherwise needed in order to continue to use your phone. My iMac has been upgraded to the most current level of OS X that it can accept.

How to remove iOS 17 beta from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.