Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Hello,

When I have to log in to iCloud.com on my iMac 24 I get the verification code... on the iMac.

This doesn't make sense.

What if I'm not the one logging in?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 9:01 AM

When you log in on a device that has not been logged in before, Apple will send a verification code to all your other devices that have been logged in before and are "trusted". Ergo, if your Mac is receiving a code it is trusted and should not need for you to enter a code since it is already known as being trusted. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You might want to ask Apple about this.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 9:01 AM in response to P_NG

When you log in on a device that has not been logged in before, Apple will send a verification code to all your other devices that have been logged in before and are "trusted". Ergo, if your Mac is receiving a code it is trusted and should not need for you to enter a code since it is already known as being trusted. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

You might want to ask Apple about this.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.