My left and right AirPods are being detected as different sets of AirPods.

A while ago I realized that my left AirPod wasn’t working and just used my right AirPod only until I found out that something interesting was happening. In the Bluetooth menu there appeared two options for connecting to two different sets of AirPods. One was titled “Efffdyfyfrstcjvj’s AirPods” and the other was titled “AirPods de Efffdyfyfrstcjvj.” Before the incident there only the latter set appeared. When I connect to “Efffdyfyfrstcjvj’s AirPods”, audio only comes out of my right AirPod, and vice versa. If I connect to both at the same time, audio only comes from my right AirPod. If I go to the AirPod options, only one AirPod appears but with the same case.

Can anyone help me with getting things back to normal??

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 3:06 AM

I suggest delete (Forget) the pairings for your AirPods (all the entries) in Settings > Bluetooth, then try to pair and setup again.

Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't fix the problem the next steps are described in If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

1 reply

My left and right AirPods are being detected as different sets of AirPods.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.