Cannot leave review in App Store

I keep getting an error “must purchase app to review app’. I purchased and own this app but still cannot review it. I am logged into the only account I use to purchase apps. The page clearly shows I own it as you can see in pic provided. It shows it is downloaded on my device. Has been for years. I’ve done the only things I can since I do in fact own it. I have restarted my device and redownloaded the app without any changes. Still can’t review the app. Any help in a work around would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 11:48 PM

Get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

2 replies

Mar 28, 2024 7:15 AM in response to slestill1

I cannot leave reviews in the App Store either- can anyone say “censorship“?

here is my review of an app called “Simple Edit” by developer Froggatt.

DO NOT USE THIS APP! The new revision of this app will not recognize its own files from previous versions- I have lost days of work due to lost data! It makes the files unrecognizable. 😫😤😡 DO NOT USE THIS APP! Plus this new version is importing files that it can’t even load or use; random photos and other app’s files! Also the developer is unreachable- his website linked here goes to LinkedIn and they won’t let you message him! DO NOT USE THIS APP! I will retract this if the bugs are fixed ASAP and I can access my old files- just go back to the original version- it’s better even with its minor bugs! I believe the app revision forces a new app files document to be created, overwriting the old one, which throws out all the old files- the only file I can access was one I accessed from another editing app. Days of work lost! Terrible! 😢

Cannot leave review in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.