Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Log medication with Siri shortcut on health app

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to log medications using Siri shortcut into the health app?

Also with the health app and Siri Shortcuts I can’t work out how to log an ailment say headache for the duration.

Ideally it would be great to say “Siri I have a headache” That logs the headache being present. Then “Siri I have taken x medication” That logs the medication. Then “Siri my headache is gone” logging the end and the duration of the headache.

Speaking of shortcuts I would also like to set up for when my mental health is low where I can tell Siri and I can then be presented with different suggested user determined distress tolerance and emotional regulation tools depending on the severity of the episode. Just something to offer quick alternative to engaging in the usual destructive behaviors. But I’m stumped on this also. Creating a list of what works at different levels isn’t difficult. Just done know where to write the list and how to set up shortcut to react to say 4 different levels of mood and to reply with suggestions based on individual levels. I hope that makes sense. My brains a little frazzled atm.

If anyone’s able to help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 11:10 AM

Shortcuts doesn’t have direct access to medications. But I hope it will come eventually.

I created a Headache Shortcut to log headache duration: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b18e2dfbd192452495dc4c62123d3058

4 replies

Oct 20, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Matt Sawyers

Mate I’d forgotten all about this.

But that is bloody brilliant. I changed it for hours instead of minutes as that suits me better I think.

I’m assuming based on it calculating and adjust time that it stops registering the headache on input? I think the problem I had initially was if I forgot to go back and say the headache was no longer present that Health kept logging it.

One other question, don’t know if you’ve looked at it, but is there a way to add the severity with a workaround?

Either way thanks so much for sharing your shortcut. Greatly Appreciated.

Log medication with Siri shortcut on health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.