bluetooth chip BCM_4350C2 not working on my imac

My imac (2017) has a bluetooth chip BCM_4350C2. It cannot find my devices even though it is searching. Can my recent update of ventura caused the problem? (I've tried all other suggestions for correcting this problem).

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:10 AM

I don't think the chipset matters. Apple can use any variety of devices.

I understand you are unable to pair any BT devices though. Follow these instructions: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support.

Can my recent update of ventura caused the problem?

I suppose it's possible, in which case you should contact Apple and tell them about it: Official Apple Support. They may be interested to know which devices you are using and what you did toward resolving the inability to pair them, which you did not explain in your question. No one will know what those "other suggestions" are unless you tell us.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 8:10 AM in response to petersmall

I don't think the chipset matters. Apple can use any variety of devices.

I understand you are unable to pair any BT devices though. Follow these instructions: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support.

Can my recent update of ventura caused the problem?

I suppose it's possible, in which case you should contact Apple and tell them about it: Official Apple Support. They may be interested to know which devices you are using and what you did toward resolving the inability to pair them, which you did not explain in your question. No one will know what those "other suggestions" are unless you tell us.

Jul 20, 2023 9:32 AM in response to John Galt

Sorry. I should have mentioned that I'd gone through possible solutions in a different thread discussions.apple.com/thread/255001674. I'm asking the question here to get an idea of the cost of taking my imac to Apple for repair. It makes a big difference to cost if the Bluetooth is separate from the main board (where replacement would be prohibitive for me)

bluetooth chip BCM_4350C2 not working on my imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.