2nd Macbook Pro (2021) Screen Damaged Somehow

What is going on with these computers? I had a Macbook pro for work from 2019-2021 with no issues at all. We just got upgrades starting 2022. The first one the screen went out by itself. No damage done whatsoever. It just randomly started pretty close to when i got it. It was replaced three days ago. I open my computer this morning and there's a hairline crack on the screen. It sits on a table. I haven't done anything to it and have no idea how this could happen. I've owned Macbooks since 2010 with not a single screen issue and now two in a row. This is not acceptable.

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 7:44 AM

FYI you are not contacting Apple on this site. If you need to get your Mac repaired, start with the Support link below.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 20, 2023 8:53 AM in response to lecorbu22

<< I haven't done anything to it and have no idea how this could happen. >>

Electro-mechanical devices fail at random, arbitrary, and capricious times. 

The most frequent reason for most failures is 'just because'.

Your specific failure is most likely caused by an advanced scientific principle called ...

... 'bad luck'.

--------

If you want a really substantial lesson how this this works (or more precisely how this stops working) own an older used automobile.

Apple has only two boxes to check: 

[_]   defects in materials or workmanship, possibly covered by warranty

[_]   OTHER, including accidental damage

checking Other is NOT an accusation, it simply says yours is not a defect in materials or workmanship.

2nd Macbook Pro (2021) Screen Damaged Somehow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.