You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frustrated

I found an iPhone 12 figured out the passcode bought a cricket sim was using it for a year and a half and it was blacklisted. I went to boost mobile bought a new iPhone 12 switched my phone number over to boost my phone is only texting and getting data but I can’t call out or receive calls.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:46 AM

Bmac1967 wrote:

I found an iPhone 12 figured out the passcode bought a cricket sim was using it for a year and a half and it was blacklisted.

That’s because it was stolen. It didn’t belong to you.

I went to boost mobile bought a new iPhone 12 switched my phone number over to boost my phone is only texting and getting data but I can’t call out or receive calls.

What did Boost say when you reported the problem to them?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Bmac1967

Bmac1967 wrote:

I found an iPhone 12 figured out the passcode bought a cricket sim was using it for a year and a half and it was blacklisted.

That’s because it was stolen. It didn’t belong to you.

I went to boost mobile bought a new iPhone 12 switched my phone number over to boost my phone is only texting and getting data but I can’t call out or receive calls.

What did Boost say when you reported the problem to them?

Jul 21, 2023 7:06 AM in response to Limnos

I got service and I can use data and text thru my phone number but I can’t make phone calls or receive calls I bought this phone 3 days ago and been to their store 3times they store called their customer service and they tried everything then they said that their was a glitch in their system and only some customers were affected to wait the issue is being resolved I told the guy at the store to give me another phone with a new number and I’m not going to pay another activation fee he told me to come back tomorrow and if the phone wasn’t working he would give me a new phone but the problem is I have had that phone number for over 15 years. I am so ****** off.

Jul 21, 2023 8:28 AM in response to Bmac1967

I can understand your frustration but not only does this appear to be a Boost Mobile problem (I presume it was their store you visited—that is not clear from your posts), the people responding to you here are just others users like yourself so there is nothing we can do really apart from make suggestions.

Frustrated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.