Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics glitches when trying to graph a plane in cylindrical or spherical coordinates with the Grapher app

Does anyone have issues graphing in spherical coordinates or cylindrical coordinates in the 3D section of the grapher app?

Specifically, if you take an equation such as z=5, it should show a flat plane 5 units above the origin. However, converting to spherical, you get 𝞺=5/cos(ɸ).

For me it graphs like this:

Same issue in cylindrical coordinates, but not as bad. This issue does not occur with the same plane in cylindrical as the grapher handles equations in terms of z just fine. But if I try to plot the plane y=5, which in cylindrical coordinates is r=5/sin(Θ), it gives a similar issue.

This happens in both MacBook Pro laptops I tried, one Intel based one Apple Silicon based.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 3:55 PM

There are no replies.

Graphics glitches when trying to graph a plane in cylindrical or spherical coordinates with the Grapher app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.