How do I access content in an app that’s no longer available in the App Store?

I have an app I’m subscribed to that is no longer available in the App Store. I cannot access content in the app and am unable to download a new version in order to access my

content. What can I do?

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:23 PM

4 replies

Jul 20, 2023 6:54 PM in response to mdmcc77

mdmcc77 Said:

"Thank you. However I’ve also been charge a subscription fee through August 15th. Can I request a partial refund?"

-------

You are welcome.

Getting a Partial Refund:

I'm not aware that Apple does provide partial refunds, when it comes to subscriptions. But, there are lots of subscriptions out there --from iCloud to just an app from the App Store. So, contact Apple Support. Only Apple has the ultimate say in refunds.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through 

Jul 20, 2023 6:37 PM in response to mdmcc77

mdmcc77 Said:

"How do I access content in an app that’s no longer available in the App Store?"

-------

Apps being Removed from the App Store:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if you never backed this up, then it may be gone. Sometimes, apps are removed from the App Store and never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and then Developer. So, if an option of the app, learn to export it. Also, take a screenshot of its contents, every-so-often: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

How do I access content in an app that’s no longer available in the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.