my power button does not work, unable to press the power button in the iwatch

I am unable to poress the power button to make the watch switch off or ON

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 2:16 AM

You don't say what state your Apple Watch is right now (power on or off).

If the watch is powered up with the display alive, try a Forced Reset. Simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) for about 10-20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears, then release and let it reboot.

If the screen is dark and you think it is powered off, the battery might be discharged so put it to charge for an hour or so. Putting a (powered off) watch on charge should also force it to switch on so it can control the charging.

Also, on your iPhone look in Settings > Bluetooth to see if the watch shows as Connected (might suggest it is powered up but a failed display).

If these don't work then WheelieNick is probably correct, you have a hardware failure needing Apple's hands-on assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 2:16 AM in response to Ashwini28

You don't say what state your Apple Watch is right now (power on or off).

If the watch is powered up with the display alive, try a Forced Reset. Simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) for about 10-20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears, then release and let it reboot.

If the screen is dark and you think it is powered off, the battery might be discharged so put it to charge for an hour or so. Putting a (powered off) watch on charge should also force it to switch on so it can control the charging.

Also, on your iPhone look in Settings > Bluetooth to see if the watch shows as Connected (might suggest it is powered up but a failed display).

If these don't work then WheelieNick is probably correct, you have a hardware failure needing Apple's hands-on assistance.

my power button does not work, unable to press the power button in the iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.