Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Message content not included on sent emails

When replying to an email, all of the previous messages are removed from the thread so the entire conversation is gone. How do you fix this so that the entire conversation remains in tact? This is happening from the Apple Email app on a MacBook Air. Not using iCloud mail.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 6:07 AM

Ok thanks! That worked!!! I had select "Quote the text of the original message" and now the entire content of the thread is being included. I have no idea how that setting got wiped out and didn't notice. Took the recent software update so maybe it changed during that update. THANK YOU!!! Have a great weekend!!!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 6:07 AM in response to Topaz_55

Ok thanks! That worked!!! I had select "Quote the text of the original message" and now the entire content of the thread is being included. I have no idea how that setting got wiped out and didn't notice. Took the recent software update so maybe it changed during that update. THANK YOU!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Sep 13, 2023 9:07 AM in response to dialabrain

I recently had a different problem and ended up having to reinstall Mail. Now, I'm struggling to get back to the way it used to look and work. Ugh.

One issue that I'm having is that, when I reply to an email thread, only the latest message in the thread is included, instead of the entire thread. I tried selecting "Quote the text of the original message", but that didn't help. Any other suggestions? I'm running MacOS 13.5.2 on an Apple M1 MacBook Pro.

Thanks.

Message content not included on sent emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.