Screen Recording Setting is blank with no apps and no way to add them

Something changed in the last week, and now my video conferencing apps no longer work with screen sharing, and the settings options are not working correctly. Instead of listing applications to allow the screen is blank, and when I attempt to add an application, it allows me to follow the steps but never adds the application to the list. Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix this?

CFAL-C02TN089H03Y

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:58 AM

4 replies

Jul 21, 2023 10:13 AM in response to drowsychicken

drowsychicken wrote:

No. They are missing from Full Disk and Accessibility

?

That is what I am saying —add it to Full Disk Access first, use the +

If you still have an issue:

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Jul 21, 2023 9:07 AM in response to drowsychicken

drowsychicken wrote:

Something changed in the last week,

and now my video conferencing apps no longer work with screen sharing, and the settings options are not working correctly. Instead of listing applications to allow the screen is blank, and when I attempt to add an application, it allows me to follow the steps but never adds the application to the list. Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix this?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/3832a63d-503c-4abb-851d-0d0eed2ef2d1

Are your apps listed in Full DIsk Access

>System Settings>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access if not try the +/- there or toggle on

then your Screen recording...(?)

ref

Controlling app access to files in macOS

Screen Recording Setting is blank with no apps and no way to add them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.