iPad 7th Gen digitiser recently replaced, week later now the screen is black and can still hear clicks etc but nothing on screen

7th Gen IPad 128gb the digitiser was recently replaced as it had couple fine cracks, got it home working grand then week later it went pure black. I tried holding home button and power down at same time, I can still hear the clicks of the lock button and when charger is plugged in it makes the noise, but screen nothing is happening. But when I’ve the charger in I can hear the charge noise coming on and off again every so often and it’s just sitting on a flat surface untouched. Any ideas?

iPad (7th generation)

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 12:59 PM

As described, your iPad has developed a hardware fault that - short of an additional repair - you’ll not be able to resolve.

Normally, you would require an repair by Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP). Unfortunately, having already had your iPad previously repaired by an independent repairer, you have forfeited all hardware or repair support from Apple.

When repaired via Apple, in lieu of repairing and returning your existing iPad, qualifying iPad models are usually exchanged for a renewed/reconditioned device of the same model and specification. Apple will not offer this service for devices that have received an unauthorised repair.

You will need to seek assistance from whoever previously attempted to repair your iPad.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 12:59 PM in response to Lyndsey1979

As described, your iPad has developed a hardware fault that - short of an additional repair - you’ll not be able to resolve.

Normally, you would require an repair by Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP). Unfortunately, having already had your iPad previously repaired by an independent repairer, you have forfeited all hardware or repair support from Apple.

When repaired via Apple, in lieu of repairing and returning your existing iPad, qualifying iPad models are usually exchanged for a renewed/reconditioned device of the same model and specification. Apple will not offer this service for devices that have received an unauthorised repair.

You will need to seek assistance from whoever previously attempted to repair your iPad.

iPad 7th Gen digitiser recently replaced, week later now the screen is black and can still hear clicks etc but nothing on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.