Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

Turning on iCloud Photos

If I turn on iCloud Photos I will delete 1800 photos. I think these are photos uploaded from a SD card to my iPad while traveling. How can I save them to the cloud so I can still access on my iPad?

iPad

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 7:51 AM

kcgrace Said:

"When I turn on iCloud Photos it says these photos will be deleted because photos added with finder aren’t supported."

-------

Turn On Finder Syncing, First

You need to turn on Finder syncing. Then, all will be set. This would be performed on your Mac.

1. Go here: Sync your Photos Manually Using the Finder - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "turn off syncing in the Finder and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once."
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 7:51 AM in response to kcgrace

kcgrace Said:

"When I turn on iCloud Photos it says these photos will be deleted because photos added with finder aren’t supported."

-------

Turn On Finder Syncing, First

You need to turn on Finder syncing. Then, all will be set. This would be performed on your Mac.

1. Go here: Sync your Photos Manually Using the Finder - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "turn off syncing in the Finder and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once."

Jul 21, 2023 8:48 PM in response to kcgrace

kcgrace Said:

"Turning on iCloud Photos: If I turn on iCloud Photos I will delete 1800 photos. I think these are photos uploaded from a SD card to my iPad while traveling. How can I save them to the cloud so I can still access on my iPad?"

-------

Enable iCloud Photos on your Devices:

iPhone or iPad:

On the the iPad, enable Photos in iCloud. All will be uploaded. With 1800 photos, it may take time time, given the Data Transfer Rate.

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

Turning on iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.