Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot verify server identity

at random times I get something that shows up on my phone saying “cannot verify server identity” and then underneath it says “the identity of scussingm.biz cannot be verified”. I have no idea what this means and why it’s there. I’ve turned off my phone and turned it back on, and I’m not trying to do anything on my phone that leads to that. I’m thinking it may be due to bad service, but I want it to stop showing up. How do I fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

2 replies

Jul 21, 2023 11:21 PM in response to isabela235

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

Jul 22, 2023 12:01 AM in response to isabela235

What it may mean is that the Web site you are visiting has an invalid certificate. It indicates that there is no way to tell if the site you reached belongs to the person or organization who claims to be its owner.

When you use https:// connections (the "s" stands for secure), there's supposed to be a chain of certificates that reach all the way up to a trusted root authority. A valid chain of certificates does not prove that a site is safe – but the lack of a valid chain of certificates can be a warning of potential danger.

This problem could arise because a site never registered and got a valid certificate in the first place. It also could arise if a site had a valid certificate that expired and has not been replaced. If the browser on your side is up-to-date as far as basic security protocols are concerned, this problem is on the Web site's side, and they're the ones who must fix it.

Cannot verify server identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.