Parental control settings

I accidentally backed up my new iPhone off an old kids iPad mini that had 18+ restrictions. The iPad mini has since been restored to factory settings and as a result my new phone has restrictions still and no one has been able to figure out how to turn them off (including Telstra)

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 3:42 PM

Restoring a device to a backup with Screen Time set in it just restores the settings. Refer to this article about what to do If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If you cannot restore it because you do not have the required information you may have to simply erase your iPhone and not restore it to a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 3:42 PM in response to netti226

Restoring a device to a backup with Screen Time set in it just restores the settings. Refer to this article about what to do If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If you cannot restore it because you do not have the required information you may have to simply erase your iPhone and not restore it to a backup.

Parental control settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.