Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

The color of the watch band has changed, can it be exchanged for me?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:26 AM

Just to be sure I understand, which of the following are you stating:

1. The watch band's color has changed. That is, it has faded or worn off?
  2. There is another watch band color available that you rather have then the one you currently have?

• For the former: The watch band comes with a one-year hardware warranty against manufacturing defects. As such, you would need to bring the band to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them examine it to make that determination. This warranty does not cover "normal" wear & tear or abuse.
  • For the latter: You have 14 days from the purchase date, to return the band for a replacement. After that, if you want a different color band, you will have to purchase it.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 8:26 AM in response to mahra247

Just to be sure I understand, which of the following are you stating:

1. The watch band's color has changed. That is, it has faded or worn off?
  2. There is another watch band color available that you rather have then the one you currently have?

• For the former: The watch band comes with a one-year hardware warranty against manufacturing defects. As such, you would need to bring the band to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them examine it to make that determination. This warranty does not cover "normal" wear & tear or abuse.
  • For the latter: You have 14 days from the purchase date, to return the band for a replacement. After that, if you want a different color band, you will have to purchase it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.