High Pitch Shriek in Airpods Pro

My airpods pro are omitting a high pitched noise when i connect and there is a faint high pitch noise in the background of the music and the sound quality is not as good as it was

AirPods Pro

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 5:05 AM

Possible fixes, in order of easy use and time required...

Try with a different source device to prove whether the fault is in the AirPods, or the paired and connected iPhone (or even in the music being played!).

Unpair the AirPods and re-pair. On your iPhone, Settings > Bluetooth > (select AirPods, tap the (i) symbol) > Forget Pairing.

Reset your AirPods. How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support and arrange to get your AirPods (and probably the iPhone if that is the connected source) checked by Apple Service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 5:05 AM in response to GedGlove

Possible fixes, in order of easy use and time required...

Try with a different source device to prove whether the fault is in the AirPods, or the paired and connected iPhone (or even in the music being played!).

Unpair the AirPods and re-pair. On your iPhone, Settings > Bluetooth > (select AirPods, tap the (i) symbol) > Forget Pairing.

Reset your AirPods. How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support and arrange to get your AirPods (and probably the iPhone if that is the connected source) checked by Apple Service.

High Pitch Shriek in Airpods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.