Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't activate my Apple Gift Card

I received an Apple Gift card but when I try to redeem it szy the code must be redeemed from another country.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 11:31 AM

See this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

👉Code must be redeemed in a different country or region

If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 11:31 AM in response to gautier272

See this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

👉Code must be redeemed in a different country or region

If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

Jul 23, 2023 11:13 AM in response to gautier272

Sorry, the Apple Gift card from Ireland cannot be used in the Apple Stores in France.

>> Gift Cards purchased in Ireland and content codes can only be linked to an Account in Ireland and can only be used for purchases in Ireland. However, Products purchased on the Apple online store may have restrictions on where they deliver. Please review Apple online store delivery terms for any restrictions. <<

Gift Cards purchased in another country are subject to the laws and regulations of the place of purchase. Sorry.

Legal - iTunes Gift Cards and Codes - Apple

I can't activate my Apple Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.