Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud for Windows calendar and contacts integration does not work with Outlook 365 on Windows 11?

I just migrated to a new laptop PC running Windows 11 and installed iCloud for Windows (10 and later) to sync my iPhone 14 Pro (and iPad) calendar and contacts with Outlook 365 on the laptop, but iCloud doesn't show in the Outlook main menu and my calendar and contacts won't sync. The iCloud COM add-in appears in the active add-ins list in Outlook, but still no syncing of my calendar or contacts. During the iCloud installation, the status window indicated that contacts were being "downloaded from iCloud" and then "uploaded to iCloud," but when I opened Outlook, I found that the iCloud installation had wiped out all of the contacts that I had in Outlook already. Previously, iCloud calendar and contacts integration worked fine on my Windows 10 PC. I've seen a number of posts elsewhere online about iCloud not working with Windows 11. Is there a fix in the works for this issue?

BOB_X1

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 1:33 AM

The old version 7.18.0.22 works well even 7.21.0.23 works. But once you move to higher version it stops working. The sad thing about version 7 is that it does not work with MS Edge extensions (I use iCloud bookmarks and iCloud passwords). So at this stage it is either iCloud calendars and contacts OR iCloud bookmarks and passwords. Not both. The fact that Microsoft blames Apple and Apple blames Microsoft is nothing new. I still think that Apple as the owner of the app should take ownership and test their product and then work with Microsoft to fix it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 1:33 AM in response to teuhl

The old version 7.18.0.22 works well even 7.21.0.23 works. But once you move to higher version it stops working. The sad thing about version 7 is that it does not work with MS Edge extensions (I use iCloud bookmarks and iCloud passwords). So at this stage it is either iCloud calendars and contacts OR iCloud bookmarks and passwords. Not both. The fact that Microsoft blames Apple and Apple blames Microsoft is nothing new. I still think that Apple as the owner of the app should take ownership and test their product and then work with Microsoft to fix it.

Jul 25, 2023 12:37 PM in response to jmarse1

Thanks jmarse1 for your reply; however, the push to Microsoft seems like a dodge given that iCloud for Windows is published by Apple and touts compatibility with "Windows 10 or higher." It worked fine with Outlook 365 on Windows 10 but doesn't work with Outlook 365 on Windows 11 (i.e., the "or higher" version). In my view, compatibility issues fall to the publisher, as it controls the code.

Jul 26, 2023 9:24 AM in response to Boz1220

Apple or Microsoft support are doing anything to resolve this issue. Microsoft installed an old version to get me up and running again - 7.18.0.22. This Outlook/iCloud functionality has worked for years and now nobody wants to take ownership to fix. Apple points the finger to Microsoft and Microsoft to Apple. We the customers have no leverage to escalate. What a sad situation.

Jul 27, 2023 2:15 PM in response to FrantaP

Thanks FrantaP and teuhl. I agree with both of you. The finger pointing should end; Apple should update its latest app version to be compatible with Windows 11 and Outlook 365. There are millions of PC users that also own iPhones and iPads, and iCloud is an Apple platform. So, it only makes sense for Apple to take the initiative.

[Edited by Moderator] 

iCloud for Windows calendar and contacts integration does not work with Outlook 365 on Windows 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.