Programmable Switch Already Added to Home

I was having trouble with my Wemo stage remote in the home app so I deleted it from home. Now when I try to add it back it says “programmable switch already added to home” this is the same issue I’m reading people have had with other accessories. I’ve read the common response is it’s a third party issue. It seems more like the home app is the issue. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 4:47 PM

Okay, I solved it. I took the battery out, then put it back in, then held the reset button for 5 seconds until the indicator light blinked. Then I tried to add to home. I got an error message that the accessory wasn’t ready to add. I repeated this process three times and eventually the home app let me add the Wemo stage. Weird, but it works

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 4:47 PM in response to kitkollmeyer

Okay, I solved it. I took the battery out, then put it back in, then held the reset button for 5 seconds until the indicator light blinked. Then I tried to add to home. I got an error message that the accessory wasn’t ready to add. I repeated this process three times and eventually the home app let me add the Wemo stage. Weird, but it works

Programmable Switch Already Added to Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.