You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to watch Apple TV on my tv and I am being asked to start a 3 month trial when I already subscribe- it works on my phone

I already have a subscription for Apple TV and I get the app on my phone but when I’m trying to watch on the tv it’s a feting 3 months free and I already pay 6.99 a month

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 5:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 6:41 PM

It seems you may not be signed in to the Apple TV app, with an Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it.

On smart TVs and third party streaming devices, users are asked to sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), then Accounts, and enter your credentials there.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2023 6:41 PM in response to Callthemidwife1

It seems you may not be signed in to the Apple TV app, with an Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it.

On smart TVs and third party streaming devices, users are asked to sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), then Accounts, and enter your credentials there.

I am trying to watch Apple TV on my tv and I am being asked to start a 3 month trial when I already subscribe- it works on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.