I want to add my new Apple ID to my iPhone

I want to login my new Apple ID to my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 8:21 PM

Read this support article to learn how to sign in with your Apple ID on different devices--> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

For an Apple Mobile device:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap Sign in to your [device].

3. Enter your Apple ID and password.

4. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in.

If another Apple ID is signed in you may need to enter the password for that ID to sign out of that ID first.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 8:21 PM in response to mono177

Read this support article to learn how to sign in with your Apple ID on different devices--> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

For an Apple Mobile device:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap Sign in to your [device].

3. Enter your Apple ID and password.

4. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in.

If another Apple ID is signed in you may need to enter the password for that ID to sign out of that ID first.

Jul 23, 2023 8:22 PM in response to mono177

Method 1: Adding Apple ID during iPhone Setup (New iPhone)

1. Turn on your iPhone: If you have a new iPhone, turn it on. If you already have an iPhone and want to add a new Apple ID, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your device, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
  2. Follow the Setup Steps: When you turn on your new iPhone, you will be guided through the initial setup process. Select your language, region, and other preferences.
  3. Choose to Restore from Backup or Set Up as New: If you have a backup of your previous iPhone on iCloud or iTunes, you can choose to restore from that backup during the setup process. If you want to set up the iPhone as new, proceed without restoring.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID: During the setup, you'll be prompted to sign in with an Apple ID. Select "Sign In with an Apple ID" and enter the email address and password for your new Apple ID.
  5. Verify Two-Factor Authentication (If Enabled): If you set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, you'll receive a verification code on your trusted device. Enter the code to complete the sign-in process.
  6. Finish Setup: Continue with the remaining setup steps, including Face ID/Touch ID, passcode, Siri, and other settings.

Method 2: Adding Apple ID from Settings (Existing iPhone)

1. Unlock your iPhone: Make sure your iPhone is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  2. Open Settings: Locate the Settings app on your iPhone (the gear icon) and tap to open it.
  3. Tap on your Apple ID: At the top of the Settings menu, you'll see your name and profile picture (if set). Tap on your Apple ID, which is usually the first option in the list.
  4. Sign Out (Optional): If another Apple ID is currently signed in, you may choose to sign out first. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "Sign Out." This will remove the existing Apple ID from your iPhone.
  5. Sign in with your New Apple ID: Tap "Sign in to your iPhone" at the top of the Apple ID settings page. Enter the email address and password for your new Apple ID.
  6. Verify Two-Factor Authentication (If Enabled): If you've set up two-factor authentication, you'll receive a verification code on your trusted device. Enter the code to complete the sign-in process.
  7. Choose Data and Settings to Sync (Optional): After signing in, you may be asked which data and settings you want to sync with your new Apple ID. Choose the options that suit your preferences.
  8. Finish Setup: You've successfully added your new Apple ID to your iPhone. You can now access Apple services using this new account.

Keep in mind that your Apple ID is essential for accessing various services like iCloud, the App Store, and more. Make sure to keep your Apple ID and password secure and avoid sharing them with others.

I want to add my new Apple ID to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.