How to report an unknown transaction from Apple?

I got message from my bank of unknown transaction from apple from my account and it does not appear on apple billing. So how can I report now for this fraud?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 8:41 AM

The first thing is not to click any links in the message, then contact your bank using known numbers to verify if the transaction even occured. It is not unusual to get scam messages about transactions that were never made. The message may include links to a site that looks similar to your banking site that asks you to login in. This will only give the fraudsters your banking credentials. Another tactic they use is to provide a phone number for you to call, where they will ask for personal information such as Apple ID, Password, Banking Info.

Most importantly, do not interact with any information from the message and do not provide any personal information. Follow up using known number and known websites to contact your bank.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 8:41 AM in response to shamaila176

The first thing is not to click any links in the message, then contact your bank using known numbers to verify if the transaction even occured. It is not unusual to get scam messages about transactions that were never made. The message may include links to a site that looks similar to your banking site that asks you to login in. This will only give the fraudsters your banking credentials. Another tactic they use is to provide a phone number for you to call, where they will ask for personal information such as Apple ID, Password, Banking Info.

Most importantly, do not interact with any information from the message and do not provide any personal information. Follow up using known number and known websites to contact your bank.

How to report an unknown transaction from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.