You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ingermanland flag

Dear Apple Emoji Team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my appreciation for the continuous efforts made by Apple Inc. to promote diversity, inclusivity, and cultural representation through your emoji collection. As an avid user of Apple products, I admire the vast array of emojis available, which help users communicate emotions, ideas, and cultural references more effectively.

The purpose of my letter is to kindly request the addition of a significant cultural symbol, the Flag of Ingermanland (Ingria), to the emoji keyboard. Ingria, also known as Ingermanland, is a historically significant region located in the eastern Baltic Sea area, primarily encompassing parts of modern-day Russia and Estonia. The region holds deep historical and cultural significance for many individuals around the world, particularly for those with ancestral roots in the area.

By introducing the Flag of Ingermanland (Ingria) as an emoji, Apple would be acknowledging the rich cultural heritage of this region and demonstrating a commitment to represent diverse cultural symbols within the emoji keyboard. This addition would be welcomed by millions of users who would appreciate the opportunity to express their identity, heritage, and pride in their roots.

I understand that the process of adding new emojis involves careful consideration, design work, and compatibility testing. However, I firmly believe that by adding the Flag of Ingermanland (Ingria) to your emoji repertoire, Apple can continue to set a positive example for other tech companies and contribute to a more inclusive and culturally-aware digital environment.

If it is possible, I kindly request that you consider this proposal and work towards the implementation of the Flag of Ingermanland (Ingria) as an emoji in one of your upcoming software updates. This gesture would undoubtedly be well-received and celebrated by a diverse user base worldwide.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my request. I truly appreciate the commitment Apple has shown in embracing cultural diversity through its products. I look forward to hearing a positive response from your team.

Should you require any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am more than willing to assist in any way I can.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:47 AM

2 replies

Ingermanland flag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.