Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Reminders app keeps erasing data

About a month ago my reminders app started erasing all my lists of shopping items. I created like 6 lists and would input what I needed at each store - today I opened my reminder app and it erased all my lists also - it is empty. I can’t find any troubleshooting help on Google.

Robin Glasure

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 5:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2023 5:39 AM in response to Robinglas

Smartphones lack both the inherent intelligence and the capability for malicious intent. Therefore, it becomes imperative for us to pay close attention to our device settings and the manner in which we synchronize our smartphones with Mac/PC/iCloud. Additionally, we must exercise caution when sharing sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

Jul 24, 2023 6:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you! My phone is never shared it is password protected and I guard it completely but thank you for that info. Also, I checked my settings and you are right I was not saving reminders to the cloud, I have adjusted those settings and will reset the app and see if that helps. I’ve been using it for 3-4 years and this is the first time I’ve had any issues so we will see. Thank you much.

Reminders app keeps erasing data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.