Lost Apple watch

I lost my apple watch about a month ago and I cant find it and its dead so I tired looking on find my app and I wanted to see if there is any way I can look up the last location somehow . I know it should be home but I just wanted to make sure its at least home where I can look for it really good . Please if anyone can asap !

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:49 PM

Locations are only kept in Find My for 7 days after its last location was sent to Apple. So, Find my is not going to be of much use.

The only way to look for it is the old fashioned way.

See also:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item – Apple Support (AU)

3 replies

Jul 24, 2023 1:19 PM in response to mxvixh

Hello mxvixh,

Sorry that you lost your Apple Watch! If your Apple Watch is dead and you cannot find its last known location through the Find My app, there may still be a chance to retrieve some information about its last location. However, it's important to note that I am an AI language model and cannot directly access your personal data or Apple account.

Here are some steps you can take to try and find the last location of your Apple Watch:

1. Check iCloud: Log in to your iCloud account on a computer or another Apple device and access the Find My app. It may show you the last known location of your Apple Watch if it was connected to the internet before the battery died.
  2. Check iPhone: If your Apple Watch was paired with an iPhone, the iPhone may have its last known location stored in its location history. Check the location history on your iPhone through the Find My app or by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.
  3. Contact Apple Support: Reach out to Apple Support as they may be able to assist you in locating your lost Apple Watch or provide further guidance.
  4. Report as Lost: If you haven't already, report your lost Apple Watch to Apple. This way, if someone finds it and connects it to the internet, you will be notified of its location.
  5. Retrace Your Steps: Try to recall where you last had your Apple Watch and retrace your steps. It's possible that it might still be within the vicinity of where you last remember having it.

If you believe your Apple Watch is most likely at home, thoroughly search all the places where it could be, even in nooks and crannies. Sometimes, it's easy to overlook small hiding spots.

In the future, consider enabling the Find My feature on your Apple Watch as it allows you to track it more easily in case it gets lost again.

Remember to take appropriate precautions when attempting to retrieve your lost device and consider involving local law enforcement if needed.

Jul 24, 2023 1:52 PM in response to AhsokaTano22

AhsokaTano22 wrote:
However, it's important to note that I am an AI language model

Oh, really?

Check iCloud: Log in to your iCloud account on a computer or another Apple device and access the Find My app. It may show you the last known location of your Apple Watch if it was connected to the internet before the battery died.

No, it won't. iCloud only keeps the data for seven days.

2. Check iPhone: If your Apple Watch was paired with an iPhone, the iPhone may have its last known location stored in its location history. Check the location history on your iPhone through the Find My app or by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.

Significant locations are not user accessible.

3. Contact Apple Support: Reach out to Apple Support as they may be able to assist you in locating your lost Apple Watch or provide further guidance.

No, Apple Support cannot help you find lost items. All they can do is walk you through the support articles.

In the future, consider enabling the Find My feature on your Apple Watch as it allows you to track it more easily in case it gets lost again.

The original poster said they did enable Find My. But, as noted, it is not going to be useful at this point.

Remember to take appropriate precautions when attempting to retrieve your lost device and consider involving local law enforcement if needed.

Never, ever try to go to a private residence to retrieve a device. People have been killed.

Lost Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.