Oversized image on monitor

I have a 2020 M1 Mac Mini 13.4.1 with 2 Dell U2415 monitors. Occasionally the screen image is larger than the monitor. I cannot see all of the image. If I do a full screen capture I get the entire image, but what I see on the monitor is either missing the top part of the image or the bottom part of the image. If the top part is missing and I move the cursor to the top of the screen the image shifts and I can see the tool bar. If the tool bar is visible and the bottom of the image is missing and I move the cursor to the bottom the image shifts up and I can no longer see the tool bar. I have my dock on the left edge of the left monitor and set to automatically hide and show. Sometimes most of the dock is missing.

See images of the upper right corner of the left monitor and the upper left corner of the right monitor. Note that some of the date on the left monitor shows on the right monitor. Note that the Apple icon is shifted to the right on the right monitor.What is causing this and how do I correct it? It has gotten very annoying.

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:13 PM

Maybe it's just that the screen is zoomed.

Zoom in and out on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Oversized image on monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.