How can I reset my iPhone and keep all of my pictures and videos

The passcode on my iPhone was changed by my little cousin and I don’t know what she changed it too and neither does she. Now I am not able to get into my iPhone and have to reset it. This had happened to me before and when it happened I lost all my pictures that I had on my phone. So since I have to reset it I wanted to know if there was a way I could reset it and not lose all my pictures.

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 6:40 PM

Did you have photos turned on under iCloud in the settings of your iPhone? If so, then your photos are stored in iCloud. After you restore your iPhone all you have to do is turn photos back on under iCloud in settings and your photos will sync back.

If you didn't have that one then unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

I would advise once you restore your device to turn photos on under iCloud so you won't have to worry about this every again. I would also advise backing up your iPhone to keep your other data safe.

See this: HT204264

Good Luck

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 6:40 PM in response to AceKervo17

Did you have photos turned on under iCloud in the settings of your iPhone? If so, then your photos are stored in iCloud. After you restore your iPhone all you have to do is turn photos back on under iCloud in settings and your photos will sync back.

If you didn't have that one then unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

I would advise once you restore your device to turn photos on under iCloud so you won't have to worry about this every again. I would also advise backing up your iPhone to keep your other data safe.

See this: HT204264

Good Luck

Jul 24, 2023 6:42 PM in response to AceKervo17

Hopefully after your previous experience you turned-on Automatic iCloud Backups and iCloud Photos to prevent a repeat occurrence of data loss.

Whether you did - or didn’t - is irrelevant to your immediate problem.

You WILL need to reset phone and all data on it WILL be erased.

If you have a backup off-device; you’ll be right back where you were before; if you don’t … you wont.

How can I reset my iPhone and keep all of my pictures and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.