Astronomy under Cellular but not in apps

Someone else asked this question but it’s too old to respond to. I have an astronomy “app” under my cellular usage but not in my apps anywhere currently nor past downloads. The person who replied to help said it could have been a screensaver however I don’t have any screensaver apps nor do I use any widget apps etc my screensaver is a photo of my kids and always has been. I keep turning off cellular to it and it turns back on sometimes it disappears but always comes back? What is it? How do I remove it?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 5:53 PM

It's not an App and you can't remove it.

it's a service that is tied into the Astronomy Wallpapers and Lock Screen. It uses cellular data to get astronomy data and location info for the dynamic Astronomy wallpaper. Earth, Earth Detail, Moon, Moon Detail and Solar System

5 replies

Sep 12, 2023 5:36 PM in response to Disasterapple

I now understand why astronomy is using the iPhone battery!, its a gps precise location for weather, alerts, and GPS, locations maps, etc. it’s minimal so that’s a good thing I was not able to edit my comment? So I thought I would post this it’s on the level if you’re going to use GPS precise location and weather applications and get severe alerts for your truck location, it’s going to use Astronomy to achieve that! Which necessary is very good and pretty cool good job Apple!

Astronomy under Cellular but not in apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.