airpods won’t connect

I’ve had my AirPods—I think Gen 3–for a while and never had an issue, but for the last two weeks my AirPods have not been connecting properly. If I “Forget them” in Bluetooth then they work until I take them out again, but I’m no longer able to take them out and put them back in with as much ease as before.

The devices will connect long enough to tell me the charge, but they won’t connect to my phone or play audio without disconnecting and reconnecting every time.

At first I tried charging them, then shutting off and then on my Bluetooth. I reset my phone, I reset the AirPods, I removed the AirPods from my Apple ID and I even signed out of iCloud and signed back in all in trying to resolve this issue. I updated all connected devices, I removed Bluetooth cache, I reset my network settings and I tried to shut off auto detect on the AirPods, no luck.

any help is appreciated

AirPods (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:52 PM

AsteriaHeart Said:

"airpods won’t connect: [...]If I “Forget them” in Bluetooth then they work until I take them out again, but I’m no longer able to take them out and put them back in with as much ease as before. [...]but they won’t connect to my phone or play audio without disconnecting and reconnecting every time.[...]"

-------

Having Connectivity Issues? If so, refer to the following.

Find Out Here: Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

Still Having Issues? If so, refer tot he following....

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 10:52 PM in response to AsteriaHeart

AsteriaHeart Said:

"airpods won’t connect: [...]If I “Forget them” in Bluetooth then they work until I take them out again, but I’m no longer able to take them out and put them back in with as much ease as before. [...]but they won’t connect to my phone or play audio without disconnecting and reconnecting every time.[...]"

-------

Having Connectivity Issues? If so, refer to the following.

Find Out Here: Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

Still Having Issues? If so, refer tot he following....

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2023 6:24 AM in response to AsteriaHeart

AsteriaHeart Said:

"airpods won’t connect: All of those resources are ones I’ve read already and I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting suggested in those links.

———-

What’s the Connected Device?

What type of device are you connecting these to? What is the model and year? You can troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection on that device, seeing if that get you anywhere.

airpods won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.