How to stop Error 403 Forbidden on iPhone 8 Plus

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:28 AM

GB News. when I click on the articles I get the message.

Thanks for being specific. That is indeed different, as that site doesn’t seem to have user sign-ins.

That being said, the error message is a response from the site itself, to your phone’s request to fetch a webpage.

I used to be able to see the articles but now I can’t.

I can’t replicate your issue, and the site shows me each page I choose without server errors.

That’s why I’m wondering if I have touched something on my iPhone that’s caused it.

If it is not a problem with the website itself, then it might be targeted from your IP address or other identifiers, e.g. browser cookies. Possibly something stored about the website is conflicting. A reset of the browser may result in better behavior.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 3:28 AM in response to Magz444

GB News. when I click on the articles I get the message.

Thanks for being specific. That is indeed different, as that site doesn’t seem to have user sign-ins.

That being said, the error message is a response from the site itself, to your phone’s request to fetch a webpage.

I used to be able to see the articles but now I can’t.

I can’t replicate your issue, and the site shows me each page I choose without server errors.

That’s why I’m wondering if I have touched something on my iPhone that’s caused it.

If it is not a problem with the website itself, then it might be targeted from your IP address or other identifiers, e.g. browser cookies. Possibly something stored about the website is conflicting. A reset of the browser may result in better behavior.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 26, 2023 3:28 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I don’t understand your reply sorry, what do you mean when you say my URL requires authentication that isn’t in place? The website is GB News and it’s when I click on the articles I get the message. I used to be able to see the articles but now I can’t. That’s why I’m wondering if I have touched something on my iPhone that’s caused it. I’m not a technical person??

thanks Magz

Jul 26, 2023 11:26 PM in response to Magz444

At this time, I would advise to contact that site’s support, if you can open the Contact Us page there.

Would I be able to send you a screenshot of the messages I am getting to your email?

No, our hosts here want all forum communication to stay on the site itself.

I wouldn’t know what to do with a screenshot. I believe your description.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.