AirPods give out after 5 minutes despite being fully charged

I charge my AirPods in their case and 5-8 minutes after I start using, they both give out within about a minute of each other. (These are not new (5+) years old.) This is now getting routine. But, before I buy new, I wanted to see if there might be a solution.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:28 PM

At >5 years it is more likely than not that the batteries are well past their useful service life. In my opinion there is no doubt whatsoever that your problem is all caused by the age of the batteries. Unfortunately there is no battery replacement scheme for AirPods, the only solution is to purchase new and recycle the old ones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 2:28 PM in response to melissa fromvienna

At >5 years it is more likely than not that the batteries are well past their useful service life. In my opinion there is no doubt whatsoever that your problem is all caused by the age of the batteries. Unfortunately there is no battery replacement scheme for AirPods, the only solution is to purchase new and recycle the old ones.

AirPods give out after 5 minutes despite being fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.