3rd gen Airpods wont update past Version 4B66

My firmware for my Airpods 3rd gen wont update. I've looked on the internet for different ways to update them and I've reset them multiple times and nothing seems to work. They have been on Version 4B66 since I got them. It's model number is A2564.

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:35 PM

Please see Apple's comments in About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support. You will see there is no way to force update, you just have to be patient and note the conditions for upgrades to occur.

If you have followed Apple's advice and the update still doesn't happen after several attempts, contact Apple Support for more advice.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Cayman_B

Please see Apple's comments in About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support. You will see there is no way to force update, you just have to be patient and note the conditions for upgrades to occur.

If you have followed Apple's advice and the update still doesn't happen after several attempts, contact Apple Support for more advice.

3rd gen Airpods wont update past Version 4B66

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.