Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import contacts into yahoo mail ?

Is there a way to import all my email contacts into the mail app (for yahoo mail)?

Dell, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 8:34 AM

any help?
11 replies

Aug 20, 2010 9:52 AM in response to dallasboy

==edited to fix up==
In order to sync contacts, you need to have Yahoo! Address Book on your computer to sync OTA to PC to iPhone. iPhone OTA Contacts can also be synced via Yahoo CardDAV.

Google syncs contacts by adding MS Exchange as m.google.com being their server with your user name and password, but you won't be able to sync notes.

Yahoo syncs contacts by adding a CardDAV account:
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Tap Add Account
Tap Other and then tap Add CardDAV Account
For the Server you need to enter carddav.address.yahoo.com
Now type in the Yahoo! ID and password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Contacts

Aug 31, 2010 4:52 AM in response to dallasboy

I did the Carddav setup, too. However, I can't seem to make it a two-way sync with yahoo contacts. I am unsure if this program will not do that or if I have an incorrect setting. The phone will update yahoo, but yahoo will not update the phone. When I touch the contacts (came w/ the phone), I have 3 choices of groups: All Contacts, All from my PC, and All Carddav.address.yahoo.com and I choose the carddav.

In settings, I added carddav account for contacts, it is set up as default account.

Thanks,
msnr33

Jan 24, 2012 11:23 AM in response to dallasboy

HELP! I am missing something or doing something wrong!

I have several contacts which were added to the ipad and I would now like to sync over to my Yahoo Contacts. I did the cardav and nothing worked. The names/ comtacts were still on the iPad but did not transfer over to my Yahoo Contacts ... whats going on ...

I thought contacts would seemless sync between Yahoo, the device (ipad and iphone) and iCloud, but this has been a disaster. Contacts are spread over all three now ...

How do I import contacts into yahoo mail ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.