Which ipad fits into 8x10 case?

I was trying to find a nice leather folio case for my new ipad 9. But everything I'm finding that are designer and beautiful all say the dimensions are 8x10. But I can't figure out which ipad gen would fit in an 8x10. I'd actually buy a different ipad because the 9 has issues...if I can get the one that fits an 8x10 case since those are plentiful on poshmark, and gorgeous. Any idea which ipad generation would fit into an 8x10 case? I'd imagine it would have to be something like 7.6x9.6? But giving the screen diagonal never helps me when people show the actual dimensions of the case. So I'm looking for which generation. Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 7:32 AM

You can compare all models of iPad - and find their physical dimensions - here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

Many prefer to choose an iPad by its technical capabilities - rather than its ability to fit a specific designer case. For those that prefer to choose in this way, it is a relatively simple task to Google-search for cases suitable for an iPad model.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 7:32 AM in response to debslm

You can compare all models of iPad - and find their physical dimensions - here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

Many prefer to choose an iPad by its technical capabilities - rather than its ability to fit a specific designer case. For those that prefer to choose in this way, it is a relatively simple task to Google-search for cases suitable for an iPad model.

Jul 26, 2023 3:43 PM in response to debslm

In that case, assuming 8x10 is in inches, I guess it would in fact fit a 9th Generation iPad or an 11" iPad Pro First generation or later or an iPad Air 3rd Generation or later, some with more room than others.

See the "Size and Weight" section in the following link.

click here ➜ Compare iPads - iPad 9th Gen, 11" iPad Pro, iPad Air - Apple.com

Jul 26, 2023 2:40 PM in response to Phil0124

I'm looking on poshmark and similar sites at a lot of designer cases...like Coach, Mark Jacobs, YSL, etc. But beginning to think they don't make them anymore which is why I can't find any for an iPad 9. I used to find great ones for my older iPads. Here are some examples...I love the insides because they wrap around the edges in the same leather/material which is very comfortable for how I hold it. I don't like the plastic snap in, not comfortable at all. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jul 26, 2023 11:49 AM in response to debslm

Exactly which case are you looking at because most iPad cases are specified by iPad model, generation, even screen size diagonally.

I've never seen them defined by specific dimensions like that. Its possible it may not be a case designed for any iPad at all.

Also, as mentioned you normally choose the iPad first based on your requirements and then look for a case based on the model you chose.

Jul 26, 2023 11:52 AM in response to LotusPilot

I'm having a really hard time going through all that info, I'd have to click on each one individually and figure out where the dimensions are, as they seem buried. I was hoping someone could just tell me which one(s) fit an 8x10 case. I googled for the types of folios I like for the gen 9 and there's nothing I like, I'm very particular. Want the slide in with the leather/material as the frame, not the plastic snap-in. So honestly...since I think the 9 is not great compared to my last 6, I'd rather get a different ipad...that fits with all the cute 8x10 cases I'm seeing. Thank you though!

Jul 26, 2023 12:21 PM in response to debslm

Fitted cases will be designed with an explicit model in mind. If the case doesn’t explicitly state that it is designed for a specific iPad, it is likely not suitable.

That said, some cases are more generic in their design - and try to hold the the tablet computer with elastic straps. While such cases may be cosmetically very attractive, the primary purpose of protecting a very expensive iPad may be severely compromised.

iPad sizes are generally described by their diagonal screen size, this being measured between diagonally opposite corners of the visible screen. The diagonal screen measurement has little relationship to the overall dimensions of the iPad - as bezels and chassis measurements differ between model generations.

Jul 26, 2023 12:30 PM in response to debslm

Again iPad cases will specifically state what model they are meant for. If they are just mentioning dimensions, they are very very likely not for an iPad.

There should be no reason for you to have to figure out dimensions when searching for an iPad case.

Just state the model and generation in a case search, and it should return results suitable for that specific model of iPad.

Where are you searching for these cases exactly, that return dimensions rather than compatible models?

Which ipad fits into 8x10 case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.