Font Installation Problem

I'm having trouble installing fonts in Font Book. When I drag the font (in this case Bembo) into the My Fonts window, it tells me it's already installed, but Bembo doesn't appear either in My Fonts or All Fonts. This is happening with multiple fonts. I'm stumped. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 10:05 AM

When you drag the font into the My Fonts window, it tells you it’s already installed but Bembo doesn’t appear either in My Fonts or All Fonts. This is happening with multiple fonts.

Here are some suggestions that might help:

• Try restarting your computer and then installing the font again.
  • Check if the font is disabled in Font Book. If it is, enable it by selecting the font and clicking on Edit > Enable.
  • Try installing the font using a different method such as double-clicking on the font file in Finder and then clicking on Install in the dialog box that appears.
  • Check if there are any duplicate fonts installed. Font Book automatically checks for duplicates when you install a font and shows a message if the font is already installed. You can choose whether to keep both versions, skip font installation, or replace the existing font with the new font.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Centime

When you drag the font into the My Fonts window, it tells you it’s already installed but Bembo doesn’t appear either in My Fonts or All Fonts. This is happening with multiple fonts.

Here are some suggestions that might help:

• Try restarting your computer and then installing the font again.
  • Check if the font is disabled in Font Book. If it is, enable it by selecting the font and clicking on Edit > Enable.
  • Try installing the font using a different method such as double-clicking on the font file in Finder and then clicking on Install in the dialog box that appears.
  • Check if there are any duplicate fonts installed. Font Book automatically checks for duplicates when you install a font and shows a message if the font is already installed. You can choose whether to keep both versions, skip font installation, or replace the existing font with the new font.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Font Installation Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.