You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My game controller is connected but not working how do I fix this?

I bought a brand new controller and it is connected with Bluetooth but it doesn’t seem to work when I give it any input

😋marcus😝

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 11:56 AM

What exact game controller and what are you trying to use it with? If it is connecting successfully via Bluetooth, then the issue is more to do with the controller than what you are connecting it to.

Regardless, what have you tried, so far yourself, to resolve this so that we don't offer potential solutions that may not have already worked for you?

For example, have you tried the steps in the support article you arrived here from?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2023 11:56 AM in response to 2_Awesome4u

What exact game controller and what are you trying to use it with? If it is connecting successfully via Bluetooth, then the issue is more to do with the controller than what you are connecting it to.

Regardless, what have you tried, so far yourself, to resolve this so that we don't offer potential solutions that may not have already worked for you?

For example, have you tried the steps in the support article you arrived here from?

Jul 27, 2023 11:27 AM in response to 2_Awesome4u

Salutations 2_Awesome4u,

It would be helpful to know - 

• Which device your game controller is paired with
  • Which game controller you’re using
  • Which app you’re using the controller in

In the mean time, here are some steps to take. 

Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device 

If the controller doesn't connect or work as expected
Support for specific buttons and features, such as a controller's audio jack or lights, varies by controller and the app you're using with it.
* Install the latest software updates—both for your Apple device and the controller. If a software (firmware) update is available for the controller, get it from the maker of the controller.
* In Bluetooth settings, select the controller or the info button (if present) next to its name, then select Forget This Device. Connect the controller again.
* Reduce the number of Bluetooth devices connected to your Apple device. This can also help with connection issues related to wireless interference. Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD support up to four Bluetooth game controllers at the same time, or one controller when Apple TV is also using a Bluetooth audio accessory. The limit for other Apple devices varies based on your specific setup and wireless environment.
* To charge your controller, use the charging solution included with your controller or recommended by the controller manufacturer.
If you need help, please contact Apple Support.

Thanks.

My game controller is connected but not working how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.