Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

MIDI CONTROLLER WITH FINAL CUT PRO X

Hello,

I want to use my midi controller (Berhinger X-TOUCH ONE - an universal control surface that I already use with Logic Pro X and works very well) with Final Cut Pro X but it doesn't work with it.

I tried to use the "Midistroke" with "Midi Monitor" software but FCPX doesn't recognize any of the commands.

Does anyone has a solution please ?

Is Final Cut Pro X using/supporting MCU or HUI Protocol ?

I would like for example to use the wheel of the midi surface and play and stop button, and other shortcuts to gain time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,

Antonio

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 1:35 PM

Keep in mind with CommandPost you can trigger keyboard shortcuts (i.e. search for COMMAND + A), Final Cut Pro Menu Bar Items (i.e Final Cut Pro > About Final Cut Pro), as well as Command Set shortcuts. There's also lots of built-in actions that use the Accessibility API - such as controlling things in the Inspector. CommandPost SHOULD work in any language, but if you're having specific issues, let us know via the support page on the website. Test if it triggers via the Search Console (press COMMAND+OPTION+CONTROL+SPACEBAR or access via the CommandPost menubar icon), to rule out any MIDI weirdness.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 1:35 PM in response to Migaso

Keep in mind with CommandPost you can trigger keyboard shortcuts (i.e. search for COMMAND + A), Final Cut Pro Menu Bar Items (i.e Final Cut Pro > About Final Cut Pro), as well as Command Set shortcuts. There's also lots of built-in actions that use the Accessibility API - such as controlling things in the Inspector. CommandPost SHOULD work in any language, but if you're having specific issues, let us know via the support page on the website. Test if it triggers via the Search Console (press COMMAND+OPTION+CONTROL+SPACEBAR or access via the CommandPost menubar icon), to rule out any MIDI weirdness.

Jul 27, 2023 4:55 AM in response to Chris Hocking

Hello Chris,

I've installed Command Post and I'm trying to use it to set up mu control surface to work with FCPX but it don't work too :'( Command Post seems to be very cool and with a lot of interesting functionnalities.

Maybe I'm doing any error in how I'm setting it ? I just tried to set the "stop" and "play" button but nothing happens in FCPX after doing it.

Thank you for your help.

Jul 27, 2023 7:52 AM in response to Migaso

Ok now thanks to commandpost it works. I can use my surface control X-TOUCH ONE.

But some shortcuts don't work I don't know why. If i use the shortcuts in final cuts they work but the assignments in command post doesn't.

Actually thx to command post I can "stop" "Play" "jog wheel" (I'm french user, any one knows what is the command associated to link to the wheel in french traduction please ? The french traduction for the command used in FCPX that I mus associate in commandpost) but I can't Zoom in and out (all zoom functions pls see screenshot below).

Maybe I shall I reinstall final cut pro x ?

Jul 27, 2023 3:59 AM in response to fox_m

Hello fox_m,

thank you for your feedback.

I've already seen this video and some others and I'm trying to use Midistroke as mentionned in but it doesn't work for me and my X-TOUCH ONE (on the video it's the x-touch compact). Maybe I'm missing something in the process or in the settings to make it work as in the video :( But I'm not able to say what I'm doing wrong if it's the case.

MIDI CONTROLLER WITH FINAL CUT PRO X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.