HomeKit device unable to pair (Hive)

Every time I try to add my Hive Home (smart thermostat) hub to HomeKit it says “setup code incorrect”. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Lloyds iPhone

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:31 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 27, 2023 11:55 AM in response to Lloydantonio

Hello Lloydantonio

We understand that you're unable to add your Hive Home as a home accessory. To ensure that we're covering all of our bases, did you complete the steps provided in the resource you were reviewing: Add a smart home accessory to the Home app

"Before you begin

• Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and turn on Bluetooth under Settings.
  • To add a Matter accessory, you must set up a home hub first.
  • Check the accessory manual to see if the accessory needs additional hardware, software updates, or additional setup in the manufacturer's app.
  • Make sure that your accessory supports HomeKit, AirPlay, or Matter.
  • Make sure that your iPhone or iPad, previously added accessories, and home hubs are on the same Wi-Fi network."

If so, and the issue continues, verify if there is a firmware update available, for your device. If you need further assistance, we suggest that you reach out to Apple directly. They will be able to assist you further. Click here to connect with them:

Get Support

All the best.

Mar 25, 2024 3:30 AM in response to Lloydantonio

Anyone have a solution to this as I can see the bridge but just get setup code is incorrect when I use the camera to scan the QR code on the back of the hive hub, if I try to do it manually it accepts the 8-digit code but then says Unable to add accessory device is not reachable. Contacted hive they say contact Apple contacted Apple they say contact Hive !

HomeKit device unable to pair (Hive)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.