Could I bring my MacBook from 2013 to apple to change the battery?

The MacBook turns on sometimes & sometimes it don’t . I know the battery is no good. I would like to replace it.

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 1:55 PM

This link takes you to Mac repair service and cost estimates. For an estimate go to the bottom where it says Get Estimate. Enter your Mac's information. What you see will depend upon where you live so it makes sense for you to do this and not us.

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Realize that your Mac likely has vintage status now and Apple may not repair it. Have a look at Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 1:55 PM in response to MacBookbatteryhelp

This link takes you to Mac repair service and cost estimates. For an estimate go to the bottom where it says Get Estimate. Enter your Mac's information. What you see will depend upon where you live so it makes sense for you to do this and not us.

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Realize that your Mac likely has vintage status now and Apple may not repair it. Have a look at Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

Jul 27, 2023 9:58 AM in response to MacBookbatteryhelp

If the MacBook is from 10 years ago, it will have been discontinued long enough ago to be on the obsolete list. Apple will not be stocking most repair parts or offering most hardware repair services.

The Support document does say:

"Mac laptops may be eligible for an extended battery-only repair period for up to 10 years from when the product was last distributed for sale, subject to parts availability."

For an Early 2013 MBP, this would be up to October 2023. For a Mid 2013 MacBook Air or a Late 2014 MBP, battery-only repair service might be available into part of 2024 (subject to parts availability).

Could I bring my MacBook from 2013 to apple to change the battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.