Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Glitch: Record midi on 1 track, but another track will record the same midi info.

Hello friends, please help if you can! I met a weird glitch today and it happened before.

Whenever I record a midi track on ONE track, another random track will record the same midi info on that track.

See the video down below.

I’ve checked the I/O, the routings (both in Logic and in Kontakt), and the red record enable button. But I can’t find anything wrong. And this already happened before, which was very annoying. Please help!

Video link: https://youtube.com/shorts/kby0f97uRec?feature=share

I’m using Logic 10.7.7 with Rosetta. Mac Studio M1 Ultra. MacOS 12.6.6.

Mac Studio

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:18 AM

I just found out why!

Record Enable

In logic 10.7.7, you can't see the record enable toggle button on Aux track. Instrument track and audio track have that toggle button. But they still can be invisibly triggered by the short cut "control+R"...

I found out this because I open my session in logic 10.7.9, and apparently Apple fixed this issue and the "R" (record enable) button is now shown on every single track including aux track. So I can see that problematic track has a red record enable sign.

This is so funny. Not gonna lie...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 12:18 AM in response to xiaoyiying

I just found out why!

Record Enable

In logic 10.7.7, you can't see the record enable toggle button on Aux track. Instrument track and audio track have that toggle button. But they still can be invisibly triggered by the short cut "control+R"...

I found out this because I open my session in logic 10.7.9, and apparently Apple fixed this issue and the "R" (record enable) button is now shown on every single track including aux track. So I can see that problematic track has a red record enable sign.

This is so funny. Not gonna lie...

Glitch: Record midi on 1 track, but another track will record the same midi info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.